Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Wardrobe Wednesday: I Love a Versatile Cardigan

A lovely motif next to
good karma.
Happy Wednesday – and time (albeit late in the day) for another wardrobe installment. It’s been raining most of the day, so I couldn’t take the photos I needed until the end  of daylight. Oh well.

My focus centers around two designs from Leather, Lace, Grit & Grace – my Nichols Cardigan and WASPs Cowl..

I cannot tell you how much I love this cardi. I took a little extra time when making it to ensure I achieved a fit that was right for me (which included rethinking the neckline a bit), and it was so worth it. I’ve worn this with a short black skirt during the end of summer, but since we have a very temperate climate here in the PNW, I
should be able to wear this wool + cotton blend sweater through three seasons. 

So, with that in mind, after rejecting an all-brown foundation (fairly boring, actually), I pulled out some rather utilitarian gray slacks, opted for a well-worn teal cami, and added a simple necklace in the same color, my blue version of the WASPs cowl, added my favorite pair of Mary Janes, et viola! I am extremely pleased with how the teal looks underneath the cream cardi, and the white piping on the shoes echoes the sweater. I can see how some might view this palette as also a little boring, but the blue has a lot more life in real life.


And about those shoes: I have had them for several years, and I’ve worn them in the past a fair bit. They’ve been to the cobbler for work on the heels and the last time, I had the cobbler add those great ying/yang shank buttons I found (the straps are functional, so they are attached with elastic, but I usually don’t ever unbutton them). I call them my karma Mary Janes, and I absolutely love them with this outfit.

Good karma. Oh yeah!



2 comments: