Saturday, June 11, 2016

I'll Be Using Hooks and Sticks

So we're just into the summer K/CAL celebrating my 5 


year design anniversary, and I thought I'd share with you my project plans.

Initially, since WIPs (works in progress) count, I am hoping to get a few done and clear some shelf space for other projects.


These are the sleeves of my personal version of the Definitely in Africa Cardigan from Leather, Lace, Grit & Grace. I actually started this last spring, but then so many other designs took precedence on my hooks. However, I really want to finish this for fall, so I'm fairly motivated.


This will eventually become a custom version of the Flying Blanket in greens and blues (which design is also from Leather, Lace, Grit & Grace).I'm thrilled to be working with my needles and using up some serious stash.I also started this last Spring, but never even made a Ravelry project page. I wish I could say this was the only WIP without a project page, but that would be incorrect. 

In keeping with the home theme of the blanket (which is a minor focus of this K/CAL, although everyone can make any of my paid designs), I intend to work up a few more of these Mais Oui Padded Hanger Covers. I love them, use them all the time, and they are a relatively quick one-skein project - the perfect summertime crafty make, no?

Finally, I plan on working up a Summer Dance Shawl. Again, I plan to hit stash, and below is what I want to use for it.

I love both of these fibers (bottom, silk; top, linen, and this is the end of it in my stash), and I am totally excited with the addition of these beads, which I picked up during my recent annual local yarn shop tour. 

I have the next almost two months to complete these projects, and if I do, I will be rather pleased with my crafty self. I hope you'll join me (and the others who have already joined) and have some yarny fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment