Sunday, January 7, 2018

New Year + A Look Back

Happy New Year, everyone! We are already through the first week of 2018 - I cannot believe it! Although, I must admit, I am glad to see last year in the rear view mirror. Man, what a year.

As you will see from the photo recap at left, it was a busy year of making for me, and that's not even all of it. Between original design samples, wardrobe items for myself, and gifts at the end of the year for others as well as my living space, I averaged just shy of 2 projects a month. While certainly not an insane amount, it is nevertheless significant, given the fact that I do have a day job and I curated a summer collection + event. Since my making is a source of much joy to me, given the stats just mentioned, 2017 was absolutely one happy year.

A Voie de Vie original painting, worked up last year as part of  a
larger display, with digital filter applied.
And now, I look to 2018. Never to let grass grow in any amount underneath my feet, I have already announced the dyer submission call for this year's summer dyer and designer event. Year 2: Women and Water will focus on and amplify those two trends from 2017. For all of the submission call details, feel free to check out the deets sheet right here. Dyers will have until Sunday, January 28th, to get their brand new colorways all worked out and submitted to me. There is good initial interest expressed both within the Ravelry planning group for the event as well as via other social media, so I am looking forward to seeing what the indie dye pots produce. 

Finally, and lest we forget, this is an Olympic year. I have been watching the skaters at U.S. Nationals and getting excited about how I will celebrate one of my favorite sporting events. Yes, new designs will be involved (so that excitement is currently tempered by pattern writing nuts and bolts), and hopefully some new-to-me food dishes.

All will be shared within the next few weeks, so stay tuned. Also, if you aren't yet a Voie de Vie Quarterly-ish Newsletter subscriber, now might be a good time to sign up, since the next edition is slated for publication later this month.


 

 


2 comments:

  1. You are always making. I admire that. You are a go-getter too which is terrific.

    ReplyDelete