Tuesday, February 20, 2018

It's Been a Frenetic February

Hello everyone - I am sorry I have not posted in a while, but design life has been busy here at chez Voie de Vie.

Initially, I hope everyone has had a fantastic start to 2018. The Chinese Year of the Dog is shaping up to be another eventful year, yes?

So, in keeping with all the momentum, I present the bevvy of designs that have been released in February. First up, the Trefoils Pour Toi Shawl, published as part of the awesome Malabrigo Yarns' Quickies Program, designs published each month that celebrate indie designers using one or two skeins of Malabrigo to concoct something beautiful, yet quick for makers to work up. 

Malabrigo has written a very nice entry on its' blog today providing their take on the design, as well as inspiration background from me and some additional color combinations. I do love how the variegated arco iris colorway on their Lace base works with the frosted pink colorway on Silkpaca, but so many color combinations exist. Malabrigo, those color artists, provide a rich palette for makers to have a veritable color field day when deciding!

I want to thank them for providing the yarn support for this shawl design. I absolutely loved working this up, and I hope all of the crochet shawl makers out there do too.

However, that's not all I've published in February. No siree Bob, not by a long shot. As many of you know, it is all things Winter Olympics around here, and that includes a new mini-collection! S(e)oul for the Gold is my ode to all the athletes' feats during the almost three weeks the world gathers in one spot. Of course, you know I have a look book for the collection, which you'll find at the end of this entry. Some of the makers on my Ravelry Ravellenics team have or will be making a few of the designs from it, and there's still almost a week left of amazing competitive coverage, so if you're game, don't hesitate to come on over to Ravelry and join team Voie de Vie.

Woot - February frenetics continue!





1 comment:

  1. How cool Malabrigo hooked you up with the yarn! They rock. I have Arco Iris or used it; I can't remember but I know it's a pretty one.

    ReplyDelete