Friday, September 5, 2014

New Designs This Fee-Fi(ber)-F.O. Friday

A wee process photo. See my
straight pins? Markers for
the side buttons.
Hello everyone! Happy first Friday in September. As we enjoy the final throws of great summer weather, here are a few new designs published just this past Monday in the October issue of iLikeCrochet.com.


I do love how this colorway mimics the
tree's leaves in the bottom of the photo.
So not planned.
Everyone who reads this blog or knows anything about me knows that I lurves my morning coffee. And yes, I drink decaf - I actually love, love, love the taste and smell of coffee - it's definitely a Proustian thing with me. So even though I've designed one French press cozy already, why not another one? The Cafe au Lait French Press Cozy (found in the "Autumn Around the House" section of the e-zine) is a one-skein fun project that most crocheters, including adventurous beginners, should be able to whip up in no time at all. I especially love these granny square motifs in Lion Brand's Amazing in the strawberry fields colorway. And once closed at the top, your coffee will stay warmer much longer. Really.







The next new design in this edition has been dubbed a "hot pattern" - it's the Floral Embellished Tablet Cozy. I do think it's rather genius, not to mention a great use of color. Just two skeins (one each of Berroco Comfort and Noro Kureyon) makes this great cover for your tablet; you choose from three different dimensions in order to get the best fit for your tablet size.







Here's a peek at the inside:





The pocket at the top of the photo holds a piece of lightweight foam board so your tablet has a great stabilizer. Pretty neat, huh?





And finally, to cap the cozy warmth theme of these designs, please check out my Autumn Leaf Shawl:




Done in Dream in Color Wisp in the Anguished Rose colorway, this light-as-a-feather shawl carries a big shoulder-warming stick. As a rather fun fact, this is my first triangular shawl design, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The stitch pattern creates "veins" from the center spine outward, not unlike a leaf. The edging is simple, yet seems to grow organically from the main body of the shawl. It can be customized to pretty much any dimension - the stitch pattern allows for as many repeats as the wearer chooses.

Now don't forget to head on over to Andrea's at Wisdom Begins in Wonder to see everyone else's finished projects this week.

Have a great weekend; get out there and enjoy all that final summer weather!


2 comments:

  1. ooooh, I love both of these patterns! The yarn you picked for your coffee cozie along with that design gives it a whimsical feel like little fairies are making the coffee. Your shawl is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome designs, functional as well as beautiful. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete