Friday, July 29, 2011

It's In the Bag This Fee-Fi(ber)-F.O. Friday

Once again a confluence of events has made me late to the Friday Fiber Arts party - but here I am, with freshly developed photos of my latest FO - as I promised last Friday, my Building Blocks Tote.



It's a roomy one, coming in at 19" x 12" x 5", and I lined it with some cotton fabric I had in the house. The buttons were also a stash dive, and I love how they look.

Additionally, check out the sassy knit leaves and cables!




The bag is composed of three blocks per side from Nicky Epstein's Block By Block book (which I'm certain most of you have read about in previous posts of mine). The leaves at the bottom are actually two pieces of one block that I decided to keep apart and use them in this manner. The gusset is yet another block that I customized in length and width, and used one complete skein of Cascade 220 Quatro to make. Bag design and finishing are all from my head.


The back view of the tote. The leaves look good no matter the side.

I hope all of you are enjoying the hazy days of summer in your respective neck of the woods. Check back with Andrea's blog to get all the summery scoop!

A sneak of a project in process. Don't expect to
see anything like a finished FO for at least a month.

10 comments:

  1. That is awesome ... I love blue and purple together like that! I love the side cables too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag is amazing! I love how it turned out. All of the details...I hope you plan to use it regularly.

    oooooh, I love sneak peaks! I love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice knitting. I like the leaves, such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a genius, that is a great design! I love everything about it -- textures, colors, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very neat! How did you attach the cotton fabric inside - whipstitch?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bag! You should write up the pattern, bet a lot of people will enjoy making it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise--The leaves are really great, and you're right...the buttons are a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete