Friday, September 23, 2011

Foiled by the Post Office

Well, while I have a completed FO this week, the post office has put a wrinkle in my blog copy plans. As you can see to the left, Andrea's Shawl of Red Awesomeness is finished. (I sent her the same sneaky peek earlier in the week.) I sorely wanted her to receive her package before Friday, and the initial post offfice indication was that it would be delivered by Thursday. But noooooooooo. Gah! I must admit, I think I'm just as excited as she is about this shawl. So, I'll just have to be a little more patient - I can't wait to see a modeled action shot next to the actual alpaca that donated all that gorgeous yarn.

Of course, it's not like I don't have enough other projects that need attention.

In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through everyone else's yarny pursuits this week - check in at Andrea's blog to get the yarny scoop this Fiber Arts Friday.

15 comments:

  1. bounce! bounce! bounce! Today is the day! The post office better not fail us today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sneak peek looks beautiful, hope it arrives at its destination soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, its very pretty looking, I can't wait to see the whole thing! It looks like I see some beads knitted in there on the border, they add the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful... I can tell why you're so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why, but I'd like to see it actually ON the alpaca that produced the fiber ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, gorgeous - can't wait to see the real thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the Shawl of Awesomeness looks Awesome... now on to patiently waiting for the big reveal. ;-/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see the shawl modeled live with the alpaca! It's very very pretty.

    To answer your design question, I'm a solid fan of Alice Starmore. I have most of her books (the ones I can find and afford), and it's such a pleasure just to read them and look at the patterns. I haven't done any of her designs yet, mostly because I'd have to alter too many places to make them fit me. The cable action is beyond anything else I've seen. I also love Debbie New, Annie Modesitt and Norah Gaughan for the intelligence in their designs, and the Woolly Thoughts team (Pat Ashforth and Steve Plummer) for their wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog! The sneak peak of your shawl looks gorgeous, I hope it arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Guess what I have been wearing all afternoon. Yesh! I tried emailing you a photo but my cell phone is screwed...I promise photos tomorrow. It's more beautiful than I could have ever hoped for. Everyone at work loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh, I got to see the shawl in person tonight. It is beautiful!

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a beautiful shawl. And I agree it will be fun to see the shawl, andrea and the alpaca!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, everyone - I can't wait to see Andrea wearing it, now that I know it got there in one piece. :)

    @WonderWhyGal: I'm so glad you got to wear it, and you love it! That's so thrilling for me! (Btw, hope the kiddos are fine).

    @SpinsterBeth: I agree, it would be great to see it actually on Midnight. :)

    @Vivian: I'm also a big Annie Modesitt fan. She does amazing millinery work with knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so cool how her alpaca donated that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is that beadwork I see peeking out there? AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete