Friday, August 24, 2012

Servings on the Current Yarny Plates

If it's Friday, then it must be all about yarn ... and finished objects. Since I can't really talk about my current projects, I thought I'd let you see some of the fiber I'm currently working with:

 
 
and this:
 
 
 
and finally this:
 
 
 
The first two are custom-dyed silk (heavenly color and oh-so-gorgeous fiber) and the Lion Brand superwash merino/cashmere is just so soft, I cannot believe it's machine washable!
 
The finished projects news may have slowed to a summery trickle, but it doesn't mean I'm not busy here at chez Voie de Vie.
 
Now please pop over to Andrea's blog and see what everyone else is serving up this Fee-Fi(ber)-F.O. Friday.
 
And, people: we are at the penultimate summer weekend here in the northern hemisphere. Where did  the summer go?

9 comments:

  1. Love the plating and photography! You make even the most ordinary yarns look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first photo is beautiful and the colors of the yarn are great. Is that darkest green a ribbon yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shades of green are absolutely lovely. Let us know how the cashmere works up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that top photo is gorgeous. But then I'm a sucker for green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those yarns... and plates... and weathered wood background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those yarns - I wonder what they will be......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photography is inspiring! Love the plates on the porch and of course how they show off the yarn. Have you tried the lion brand yet? I have a sweater that I'm considering it for and just wondering what your thoughts are...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice. I love the first photo. Looking forward to seeing what it becomes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving that combination of greens ! I want to see your plans for them :-)

    ReplyDelete