Monday, November 19, 2012

Fibery Winners This Rainy Monday

See, still in the bag, even.
It is raining to beat the band this Monday morning, and my corner of the Pacific Northwest is expected to get several inches of rain over the coming week. Flooding and mudslides (both big and small) are definitely in our immediate future.

Fortunately, neither rain nor mud prevented me from picking winners from all of the nice comments received from last Friday's blog post - thanks so much, everyone! So, the random number generator picked 6, 9, and 10 - which, given that one commentor didn't want to be in the drawing, equated to the following winners:

                                                          jeannyh
                                                          heather woollove
                                                          Karen

Congratulations to these yarny winners - I'll either be in touch with each of you, or will directly send out your prize.

I wanted to tell everyone who commented on those braised potatoes - since I'm a tester, I can't give out the recipe just yet, since it's still in the testing stage. However, as soon as I can (or have any other information about where to get it), I'll fill you in. Promise. Those potatoes were seriously good. I got four generous helpings out of them, and they actually got better with reheating.

Happy turkey day preparations - peace out till Friday.

5 comments:

  1. How did I miss this post?!?!?!?!?! I just now opened my front door, and 'what to my wondering eyes did appear?', but a package from my sweet friend, Denise! I now have some beautiful, soft green yarn...just in time to be made into some felted Christmas gifts (how did you know that I was visualizing yarn just this morning?!?!?) Denise you are magic!!
    Thank-you for the wonderful gift! I know that I will enjoy using it.
    Big smooches from your grateful friend, Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm glad that worked out!!!!! You are very welcome - enjoy.

      Delete
  2. I'm with Heather in the comment above! I missed this post, kind of glossed over the whole contest to begin and was mystified by the surprise envelope with the beautiful, soft, light green yarn in it. I had to come back here to find out what it was all about. How fun! I never win anything, so it's extra-special good.

    Thanks so much. The yarn is absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and I'm glad you like the yarn. There's a generous amount of yardage in the skein, so whip up something fun, and remember to take photos. :)

      Delete