Saturday, December 1, 2012

Fiber on Saturday?

You know it, my fibery friends. It is December 1st, and November's NaKniSweMo challenge (knit or crochet a sweater in a month) is over. And yes, I was victorious; I present my Rouge Que Sera Sera:




This is my inter-pretation of Doris Chan's Sera Lace Top. I absolutely love how this turned out. Top down construction and almost no finishing, other than weaving in ends. Again, blocking really opened the lace and accentuated the picot edging.

I purchased the yarn for this top (Drops Lace + Elann Silken Kydd held together) back in September, and then found these shoes:


Oh yesssssss.

 I also want to thank each of the wonderful blogs that have hosted my Accessories: Autumne 2012 bloggy tour: Knitspiring Odyssey, Underground Crafter, Bits and Pieces, Life on the Double PointWisdon Begins in Wonder and Knitted Bliss. It was a pleasure awarding these prizes as well as reading all of the wonderfully warm comments not only about my first collection, but also about crochet in general. I cannot tell you how much it thrills me that my designs may get some to view crochet in a new, modern and beautiful light. I am also humbled by each of these respective blog mistresses' kind comments about the collection. I hope I can continue to inspire.

You can view and/or purchase the collection
patterns here

There's a join-along (JAL) still in progress on Ravelry for the collection through the end of next week. Feel free to hop on in, pick up a pattern or two, and share your version of these accessories. They also make great gifts. Yes, yes they do.

5 comments:

  1. Now that is awesome! I love it with that red shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your NaKniSweMo project! And the shoes - well that just makes the outfit. Thank you for sharing your ebook with my readers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! It looks great - fabulous match with the shoes. My November sweater is fast becoming a December sweater, unfortunately... oh well. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gosh that sweater top is striking! And you go, meow!, w/them red stilettos!
    It was so fun to host your collection. It was an honor to be asked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's beautiful! A perfect holiday party top!

    ReplyDelete