Friday, December 19, 2014

And One Final Published Design in 2014

Happy Fee-Fi(ber)-F.O. Friday everyone! I've been so consumed with the Leather, Lace, Grit & Grace design previews, I am finally getting around to announcing my final design published by others this year - the To Be Named Cowl, a cowl designed for Yarnbox. In case you aren't familiar with it, Yarnbox is a subscription-based yarn club where members receive yummy yarn shipments based on their self-disclosed preferences. In addition, they also receive a knit as well as a crochet design each month using the yarn in their boxes. Yarnbox members get exclusive access to my cowl design through January 25th (my birthday!) of next year; I'll then have it for individual sale in my Ravelry design store.

In the meantime, I love this cowl pattern! A simple one-row lace pattern, worked flat in Baa Ram Ewe's Titus in the Aire colorway (I blogged about receiving the yarn back at the end of September), it gets a fun edging treatment after being blocked and seamed. I designed it in two lengths in case people wanted a cowl that sat a little lower (it's shown in the shorter length, doubled). This wool/alpaca blend bloomed so well during blocking - the lace took on a soft (and dare I say airy?) quality, yet it's super warm.

I would encourage you to visit this very busy Ravelry group (I've linked to the December box recipients thread) where you can read about this yarn as well as the other December yarn choice (there's usually two options) and the designs included in the boxes. There's also a wee poll asking the members to name the cowl, but I think Yarnbox stuffed the (ballot) box as it were by sending out the pattern with one of the name choices already printed on it. Oh well, so much for impartiality. 

I hope each of you is ready for next week and have come through the bulk of the holiday season with your style and good humor still in tact.

Happy holidays, everyone! It's been quite a year (but more on that in a few weeks).

2 comments:

  1. oooooh, that is beautiful! One row lace? hmmm, I might be up for that. Way better than the 8 row pattern I keep messing up ;-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - 8 rows!!!!!! Wait, I've got a few things in mind that might be good for you - and no 8 row patterns. :)

      Delete