Welcome to Day 2 of the 2015 week long knit and crochet blog-a-palouzza.
Today's topic? Write about ourselves when we're not using needles and hooks and yarn and stuff. Because I blog pretty much about everything that interests me, I thought I'd look to my label cloud to provide you with some ideas of what animates me and/or otherwise makes my day(s).
So, I suppose in some sort of alpha order, are the things I've blogged about that you can go and read about at any time (the links are to all blog posts about that particular topic):
1. I write something on many Mondays called "Just Another Melange Monday" (and say it to the Bangles tune "Just Another Manic Monday") and these posts contain a lot of what interests me - food (a real theme on this blog), a fair amount of fiber (sorry, just can't get away from it, no matter how hard one tries around here), films I've watched, a lot of photographs (another theme on this blog), a smattering of books and music, and some art.
2. Art: While there is some overlap with Melange Monday posts (as well as some former Knit and Crochet blog week entries!), I spend a lot of time writing about art - art that I've made (both fiber and non-fiber), art that I've seen, and art that inspires me.
3. Books: Well, since I've just recently published one myself (Leather, Lace, Grit & Grace), several of the posts in this category cover it. Additionally, I read a lot (although not as voraciously as I once did in my pre-fiber period), and I write about what I read. Some posts are in-depth reviews, others just mention books in passing.
4. Creativity: I'm not certain how to necessarily describe this set of posts, but they all have something to do with creativity generally, or my creative process in specific instances, or even the creativity I've shown in blog posts. It's kind of a catch-all word, yet if you read these posts you'll actually gain some insights into how I operate (with fiber definitely, but also in my non-fiber life).
5. Food: All of these posts (with only minimal duplicates from other topics) deal with my basic food obsession. I test recipes for America's Test Kitchen, so you'll see some results, as well as hits and misses from the recipes I've tried from my Pinterest food board. While that board isn't one of my biggest hits (interior design and a few fashion boards of mine whip the food board), I only have three other boards with more pins. To say I love food would be an understatement.
6. Painting: I paint quite a bit as well as create mixed media art pieces, and much of it can be seen in these posts (again, with loads of post overlaps with other topics above). Color and painting are a constant source of inspiration for me, and I like nothing more than to get lost in a long painting session.
And, finally, cuteness alert: check out these posts to see my ginger cat of awesomeness, George Bailey. I quite frankly don't care if it's somewhat of a cliche: I love my cat, so everyone can just deal with it. Besides, if you check out the posts, you'll see why.