Well, most of it, anyway. The second annual Knitting and Crochet Blogging Week, that is.
I know it’s going to take me some time to process the event. However, some things I can rattle off right now:
3. OhMyBob wow. I cannot believe all of the bloggers who participated. I’m surprised Blogger didn’t go kaput.
4. Yes, I absolutely realize that not everyone who blogs uses Blogger.
5. I am so thrilled I found some new blogs to read, and new bloggers with whom to connect. Some of them I already have connected with, and that’s really super.
6. I am interesting in seeing how I feel about following blogs written by people, and leaving comments on said blogs, when those bloggers either don’t follow me, or pretty much don’t respond to my content. I know I blog for myself, first and foremost. I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t like making connections with my blog, so to see that connection be a one-way street is a phenomenon I’ll need to contemplate.
Of course, I’m not a big one for blindly following most anything. So this connecting-with-others out there raises some intriguing authenticity issues to be sure.
7. Blogging takes a whole lot more time and effort than I expected. Doing it everyday won’t be for me.
8. I love my blog and the writing outlet it provides. This past week hasn’t changed that one iota.
I’m sure I’ll have more to say later, as well as a recap of the blog entries that made me smile, laugh or otherwise emote the most. Once I’m done reading them all.
|Crochet Languishing in the Media Attic|
Mixed media on canvas
In the meantime, I’d love to hear your high (or low) lights from last week (or on most any other thing for that matter), so leave your thoughts in the comments section below.