Friday, September 14, 2012

The Block Receipt Has Begun

Two weeks ago I wrote about blocks I'm making for a current swap. I've managed to send out two, and have several more made (which I'll post at a later date), but since I received several comments concerning seeing the blocks I receive in the swap, I thought I'd post the first four:



These two were the first blocks I received earlier this week. I really like the color combination - more on the green side, with the browns as accent. These next two I received yesterday:



Aren't they lovely? I am enjoying the creativity that each person is bringing to their choices. Can you all see the froggy color theme? I've already got some ideas on how I might put my blanket together, but I'll know more once I've received all of my blocks. We have until the end of September to mail them out - good thing, because I need to kick my own block making into high gear.

On a slightly different topic, there's a knit and crochet show going on right now in Reno. The Executive Director of the Crochet Guild of America, Karen Knies, contacted Crochet! Magazine a few weeks back to ask if Karen might have my La Symphonie Jacket Wrap sent to her for wearing during the days of the show. I was thrilled by the request - so if anyone should happen to see Karen this weekend wearing a red cardi that looks like something they saw in a magazine ... well, they'd be correct!

Now don't forget to make it to Andrea's blog show this Friday, cause you never know what's going on with the fiberistas over there.

And have a great weekend, everyone!

13 comments:

  1. I really like those squares. I love the green theme too. Now did all of you in the swap request certain colors? I look forward to seeing all of those squares together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checked out your Symphonie Jacket - wonderful! How nice that people will get to see it at the show. Love the colors of these blocks - green is one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first photo is my favorite. Great colors and the pattern is very nice. Thank you so much for sharing these I always love seeing granny squares with alternative designs. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of the knitters from bay area are heading to Reno this weekend, I'm sure your jacket will be the target of some oooh's and ahhh's :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are getting more and more famous - good job ! :-) Plus, have you a linky to where you blog about how this swap works ? I must have missed that blogpost ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vivianne: Certainly - it's right here: http://voiedevie.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-block-swappin-we-will-go.html

      Delete
  6. Beautiful squares, thanks for sharing! The yarn craft scene is definitely more vibrant in North America, wish we had more shows down under.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to have your La Symphonie parading around the the show.

    I really like the idea of the block swap. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, it's amazing how different yet how unified all the sqaures look already! It's going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are some really nice blocks! I've always stayed away from block swaps because I was afraid they wouldn't all be the same size like they should be. Or I'd get a couple of really ugly ones and I'd have to put them in the afghan anyway so it didn't hurt anyone's feelings. It doesn't look like you are going to have any trouble like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS: Have you changed the difficulty level on your word verification thing? Lately, it is taking me several tries to get it right. It is so frustrating! I didn't think it was that difficult before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope - haven't changed anything on my security settings. If it makes you feel any better, I have that issue too at times. I think it's got everything to do with the capture software.

      Delete
  11. Wow, that's great! Even if you aren't at the show, your wrap gets to be there :).

    ReplyDelete