Friday, October 3, 2014

Fiber-watching During Fashion Week

Hello my fellow fiberistas - it's Fee-Fi(ber)-F.O. Friday. I'm doing something a little different this week. As you may or may not know, fall is one of the high seasons in the fashion industry. Throughout September, major cities hold "fashion weeks" when all of the major fashion designers show their designs for the next season. In September, several of these were held, and if you want to get a bird's eye view of street fashion, there's no better time to carry your camera and take photos. 

I have a Pinterest board dedicated to street fashion around the world, mostly curated through the lens of Women's Wear Daily. While the board has only a handful of followers, it's been getting some play, especially in the last two weeks. I thought I'd show you what (at least a handful) of people repinned from my curated street fashions. Take it with a grain of salt (or a stray piece of fiber, as the case may be). It nevertheless is interesting to see what outfits some people around the world are hanging out in. All photos from Women's Wear Daily, photographer for all shots (except New York Fashion Week) Kuba Dabrowski, New York Fashion Week photos snapped by Ryan Kibler.

The first from London's Fashion Week.
I loved the jacket as well as the
photo backdrop.

Again from London Fashion week. A
lovely, soft longer jacket and a great
overall palette.

I love this black and white pattern
against the leather (again, in London).

Doesn't this seem slightly out of season
during London's fashion week? Never-
theless, it was snapped and then repinned. 

The one outfit from Milan Fashion
Week that's been repinned. I like
this well enough, but others on my
board are far more interesting.

New York Fashion Week, of course.

Also from New York. Love the
glasses.

Do you think she had fun shopping
in Manhattan?

The last two looks are from Paris
Fashion Week. So classy in a muted
palette - and isn't that scarf felted?

What's a little military-inspired wear
along the Champs Elysee?
I hope you definitely head on over to Andrea's at Wisdom Begins in Wonder to see what everyone else is wearing on the street ... and maybe they even made the outfit by hand?!!!

4 comments:

  1. Nicky Minaj must e interesting to dress - all the lycra because of her unusual body shape/proportions ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first saw the photo it took me a minute to realize it was her - where went the blonde hair? :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE that cardi in the second photo. Also, I can't imagine shopping in that big gown. Yikes! What fun photos to look at and be inspired by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gown wouldn't have felled me ... but the spike heels might have. :)

      Delete