1. there are pumpkins and all sorts of
gourds for sale everywhere (indicating
the seasonal harvest has begun);
2. can fresh cranberries be far behind?;
3. that great nip in the air is interspersed
with a few warm, sunny Indian
4. I notice the leaf colors everywhere I go;
5. I want to cook stews all the time,
preferably with red wine;
6. I start stocking up on candles of all sorts
(although tea lights are my preferred
candle choice in winter); and
7. I want to use all the soft, warm yarn I can get my hands on, preferably in red and
I also wanted to provide a few photos of Andrea's Shawl of Red Awesomeness, now that she's received it. You can also see some sassy modeled action shots over at her blog. I absolutely loved making this shawl, and it definitely makes me feel the season.
Happy Fall, where ever you are (in the Northern Hemisphere, of course)!
|Grape vines in the fall French countryside|