Friday, September 2, 2011

It's a Process Fee-Fi(ber)-F.O. Friday

I say it's all about process this week, because ... well ... it just is, at least for me.

Initially, I've got several projects in process, but the one that I can share with you right now is Andrea's shawl of red awesomeness. It's about 50% completed, and here's a process pic taken several days ago:
Even in this raw, unblocked state it is some kind of amazing. I cannot wait to complete it! I'm absolutely loving working with Andrea's handspun. It's very sproingy and has a slight thick and thin quality to it. Along with a few specs of vegetative matter here and there, it all adds up to rustic yarny goodness.

I also need to provide a word or two here on my blogging process. Since I've been using this new computer, with more internal safeguards and bells and whistles, there are some blogs on which I cannot post comments that I used to be able to before, and really want to again! I've changed my Blogger settings in the hope that might do the trick ... and it did for a few blogs. But the combination of my new security settings and certain bloggers' comment settings are making it impossible for me to completely join in the fun. So to those who I used to leave comments but haven't in a while ... it's not the copy. Really. 

Finally, what process discussion would be complete without the food that sustains the process? I had a great meal a few weeks back of charcuterie and frites that was just about perfect. I shall leave you with a wonderful pictoral food memory that I hope will inspire your Labor Day feasts (if you're in the U.S.):


These frites were perfect, the grainy mustard a nice acidic note
to the charcuterie, and the hard cider was almost like drinking
a cream and apple tart. Oh yum!
Definitely check out Andrea's blog to see how everyone else is exercising their fibery labor rights ... and have fun while not working over this Labor Day weekend. 

10 comments:

  1. LOVE the color. Sproingy. Must remember that yarny good term.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that sounds like a good name... Andrea's Shawl of Red Awesomeness!

    It does look awesome!

    The charcuterie looks tasty too. What a fun word charcuterie is. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That handspun is just sooo organic and awesome!
    You sure know how to nosh!
    I hope you can comment on mine? My settings are for anybody.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hungry now after looking at the last photo.

    SQUEEALL!!!! I am super excited! I can't wait to see that shawl 100% done. It's beautiful! I promise I will get a photo of wearing it while giving Mystery a big hug so you'll see me with the Alpaca the yarn came from. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shawl is coming along nicely. I agree with Kathryn, Andrea's Shawl of Red Awesomeness is a pretty good name. Have a nice Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That yarn looks lovely but I must say the meal is also very tempting, even early in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shawl is a beautiful color, so deep and rich. That meal looks pretty tasty...much better than the Filet-o-Fish and fries that I just finished. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shawl looks beautiful and the meal looks gorgeous too, it is making me hungry looking at the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm pretty...the shawl also looks nice too. :)

    ReplyDelete