Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Cheers to 2013!


Another amazing year is about to begin, and as I have done in past years, this is a time I lay low, recover from the year-end creative flurry, take inventory of things great and small, and develop the new year's game plan.

I remain amazed, humbled and so thrilled that I continued to design, write and publish patterns in 2012. There have undoubtedly been hiccups (of all varieties) along the way, but somehow the designs just keep spilling forth. I see no end in sight, which makes me smile first thing in 2013 (even if this post is set on a future scheduled publishing time).

As I have the past two years, I'll have more to say about a few new paintings as well as my most recent shawl at the end of the week. As for the book - well, I ended last year with that wonderful surprise (and, if you would like to win a copy, go and leave me a comment ... like ... right now, since I'm going to draw the winner very soon!)

I created the collage above in Picasa, and for those of you who may not have used the software, you can choose the type of collage, but then the program places the photos in some random order, and you can keep shuffling the arrangement until you get a collage you like. I was thrilled with the very first one above - since George Bailey was right in the middle.

I hope the collages keep shaking out so elegantly in 2013.

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year...wishing 2013 to be another good year for you and your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, dear! Thank you for coming over and being the first to wish me tidings. What a wonderful year you've had. I love to see the creative energy flow for you. :) I just know this is happening all through the art community. I see it all around. Many positive things are happening. What a joy to behold.

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to see all your great projects (and success) in this collage. Happy new year and all the best for 2013!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiber awesomeness you've accomplished! Hau oli makahiki hou!

    ReplyDelete