Tuesday, July 1, 2014

It's July

Remember these from last year's
Independence Day? We'll see what I
whip up this year.
Happy July, everyone! For my Canadian friends, happy Canada Day; we'll celebrate on the 4th here in the U.S. - so summer is officially in mid-swing.

For those of you who are regular readers, thanks for your patience while I worked out the newest blog color scheme. I had a darker blue background that, the more I kept looking at it, the more it just wasn't really doing it for me. I am much happier with the lighter color scheme, so this is it for now.


Tunisian Lace Curtains (and
psst: it's my photo!)
Speaking of new things, I can now finally share with you some recent projects, since the official launch of iLikecrochet.com has occurred ... like ... today. If you haven't heard anything about it yet, do please head on over to the site and have a look - it's a new digital-only crochet magazine with great projects and articles (some by yours truly!) and I am so pleased to be a part of their inaugural volume. Not only did I write a nifty feature article for the premiere issue (Bobble, Puff, or Popcorn?), but I have three super designs in the issue - Tunisian Lace Curtains, Colorblock Plum Scarf, and Boxed Sorbet Blanket (which compliments the article). Previews of all of this can be see at the iLikeCrochet.com site here. You'll need to subscribe to the digital magazine in order to see the complete article and patterns; they have several subscription options available (tablet only, laptop/desktop only, combination of both). I am in good company - this volume also features designs from Angelia Robinson over at QuaternityKnits and Marie Segares of Underground Crafter fame, just to name a few. It's a new publication, and the
Colorblock Plum Scarf
editorial team is just a wee bit busy, but I wish them a hearty congratulations and nothing but success.

Boxed Sorbet Blanket


No comments:

Post a Comment