Friday, January 15, 2016

The New Designs Just Keep Coming

Happy Friday, everyone! It's mid-January, and yet another new third-party published design is on tap to be introduced today,

Yarnbox is a monthly yarn subscription service that is doing great things with yarn dyers and producers, and I'm thrilled to be once again featuring a new design with one of the yarns in their monthly "classic" box. I'm so pleased to finally be able to introduce you to the Wyvern Warmer, and the wonderfully hand-dyed yarns of Jonathan Berner at MJ Yarns.

In fact, this is one design that was inspired almost entirely by the fiber used. I conceived and sketched this design based on the fiber content and weight of the yarn scheduled for the January classic box without actually having the yarn. Once I received it (and oh, what awesome color!) and swatched, I knew I was on the right track.

The resulting short poncho is bursting with great lace, color and style. The mix of alpaca, wool and silk provides wonderful warmth and great drape. Construction is super easy and it fits a wide range of sizes. 

I hope the Yarnboxers are as thrilled with this month's yarn selection as I was to design for it. This worsted weight yarn is, in a word, yummy.

Oh happy fiber arts Friday!





3 comments:

  1. I keep seeing the advertisements for the yarnbox and I look longingly at it. I'm trying to wait for things to settle down in life before getting a subscription. Are you pretty pleased with them then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Kris - yes! This is the second time I've designed for them, and both fiber choices I've loved a lot, even though both are entirely different. The Yarnbox Ravelry group is also very busy.

      Delete
    2. I've been a Yarnbox subscriber for about a year and a half now, and I really do enjoy it. There are now four different subscriptions, two quarterly and two monthly. C'mon, take a peek at the Ravelry group & learn more of what YB's about!

      Delete