Friday, April 8, 2016

The Cowl-o-rama End is Near

Happy Friday everyone - I am pleased that we're coming to the end of Cowl-o-rama (this Sunday is the last day to post a photo of one's completed project), yet also just a little bit sad. I have come to realize just how much I love all aspects of cowls - designing them, making them, wearing them. As proof, here is my completed cowl, a tri-color version of the Cracked Glass Cowl.


I cannot tell you how much I love how this turned out! The color combination is awesome (if I do say so myself), and the lace edging and side inset, in Madelinetosh Tosh Light in the plaid blanket colorway, is simply amazing.
Get a load of the side
lace inset plaid blanket
colorway - just yummy

One of the best parts of this project was plotting and planning the fiber colors I would use. There is no doubt that I love, love, love playing with color. Watching this come together in exactly the way I anticipated was a real pleasure. When worn, the side lace inset figures prominently, and the bottom edging falls perfectly. Additionally, I really like how blocking highlighted the crocheted edging attachment as a design element.


Can you tell I'm just a wee bit pleased with this finished project? These colors scream fall to me, but I might need to wear it before then!

I hope everyone else is pleased with their current fiber projects, and I'm now looking forward to announcing my next anniversary a-long, so stay tuned.




2 comments:

  1. Neat outcome Denise. It certainly is right for spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I suppose the light green could absolutely make it season-spanning. :)

      Delete