Sunday, July 3, 2016

It's July. Say It Ain't So!

Photo (c) ILikeCrochet.com










To where have the last few weeks disappeared? I have been working on a few projects behind the scenes, as well as items in my Hot Fun In The Summertime a-long, so I've been knee-deep in yarn and paints. 


NFC Rustic Fingering -
that Columbus Circle
colorway is something
else!
Before I provide you with my first finished item in the a-long, I am thrilled to show off my latest published design, the Summer Mist Poncho in the August 2016 edition of ILikeCrochet.com. Utilizing the always wonderful Neighborhood Fiber Co. Rustic Fingering in the Columbus Circle colorway, it is a true, lighweight summer topper. I did not have summer wedding on the brain when I designed it, but the magazine's styling brilliantly shows off such a possible use. I just love this pretty colorway that screams summer.

Additionally in this edition, I have a second written tunisian crochet technique article utilizing the ponchos's edging as an example.

And now, onto my first completed item in the a-long. I worked up my own personal version of the Summer Dance Shawl, and I am pretty pleased with my handiwork, if I do say so myself. To the right you'll see how I used a contrasting colorway on the edging to provide a nice pop of summer color. To the left, you'll see a closer look at the beads I used along the last row of the edging. 

Color and bling - love it.

I hope everyone in the U.S. has a great July 4th holiday, exercising independence in the way that fits each of you best. And for everyone in Canada, happy Canada Day weekend. 

We can't seem to get out of the way of holidays here in North America cause hey, it's summer!


2 comments:

  1. That blue is so pretty, Denise. The magazine created a great shot to show it off. And I like how you inserted the pretty blue into the brown shawl. It's like a robin's blue egg in a little nest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That caplet is gorgeous!

    ... and I'm with you... every year when it gets to be July, I'm shocked it's July already.

    ReplyDelete