Saturday, March 2, 2019

And The Sneaked Chapter Releases Begin

Alright, everyone - damn the self-publishing torpedoes, because here I go, leaning all in on round two. As I wrote about here at the beginning of last month, I shall be putting forth my sophomore book effort in September. After some technological snafus yesterday, I am pleased to announce that my first sneaked chapter of that second self-publishing effort has been delivered to everyone who (so far) has purchased a pre-publication package. 

In it, they have also received the pattern to the first of the designs from the book to see the pre-publishing light of day - Go Green or Go Home - a long wrap/wide scarf filled with all kinds of tunisian crochet goodness. Just get a load of those cables and small shibori-like bobbles - and it all comes to life with two strands of Neighborhood Fiber Co. yarns held together. It was a cold day when this was photographed, yet my model was really very warm with this wrapped around her shoulders. It is a perfect transitional piece to wear, and an excellent travel project.

Neighborhood Fiber Co. Rustic Loft
(foreground) and Rustic Fingering
(background)
I am so thrilled, and not a little bit nervous, to share this first sneaked chapter. This is a very personal book - not only the copy and the designs, but also all of the artwork and design layout. If I had a steep learning curve with my freshman publication Leather, Lace, Grit & Grace, this one puts pressure on me to get it right. Let's hope I succeed. I'll get back to you on it at the beginning of September.

There is still plenty of time to get in on my pre-publication package, although as of today, the price just went up a small notch. However, perhaps the design and awesome yarns will entice you?



No comments:

Post a Comment