Friday, April 6, 2012

Yarny Revitalization

Blonde Chicken Boutique hemp laceweight yarn in the foreground -
625 yards of slightly rustic awesomeness
While I wasn't thinking about the current season when I wrote last Friday's post about the ebb and flow in energy once a project is completed, it is appropo. Just as there's an energy ebb once a project goes out the door, there's also revitalization in receiving yarn for a new project: the buddhist principle of birth and death - continuous change - in action. 

I am just about ready to send out the completed project using the above yarn (and I am hooked on the finished project far more than I expected, truth be told), I have also received a box of yarn for my next commissioned project. It's in a very spring-like color and it has filled me with hope and a smiling optimism.

Whether you celebrate Easter or Passover or Beltane (or some other holiday not named) - one can't be in a better frame of mind than that of smiling optimism. And we won't even discuss the yarn that's also been delivered for my next personal project - it's one of my favorites - Drops cotton light.

Skip revitalization - go directly to yarny love.

Definitely don't skip your trip to Andrea's blog to get your yarny fix before this holiday weekend. I wish each of you an abundance of smiling optimism - or at least awesome stash enhancement + yummy chocolate.



It's coming, it's coming!




11 comments:

  1. But the orange yarn behind it, that's the one I want :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well ... sorry, but it's already been used in a project by yours truly. :)

      Delete
  2. I wrote an awesome comment at 3am when I was up. Argh! Then my server decided to reboot. Double argh!

    That yarn is beautiful and does scream Spring! I can't wait to see what you make with it...and to hear how your submissions are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter to you as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful Easter. I'm happy that the commissioned projects you're making lately make you smile (and want to keep them!). Isn't that always how it is when you've done great work?!? XXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, the promise of a new project! This is the time for new beginnings, Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like what you said about the energy flow with yarn. If only I can keep the incoming under control ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful you've been commissioned. I'm working on two commissions and I don't know if I like the whole custom made thing. I feel like I can't knit for myself and my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What does hemp yarn feel like? Linen or cotton?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels more like linen to me ... but it gets softer as you use it.

      Delete