Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Friendly Reminder - With Baked Cookies!

Just another friendly reminder - if you'd like to win a complete yarn kit to make my La Peinture Blanket, check out Crochet! Magazine's Facebook page today, June 18, and tomorrow, June 19 for your chance to enter.

Additionally, as most of you who read my blog regularly know, I'm a tester for America's Test Kitchen. They'll be publishing a gluten-free cookbook next spring, and so they've been sending out gluten-free recipes for testers to run through their paces. I cannot, cannot, cannot say enough good things about these gluten-free sugar cookies:


 
 
I don't have any intolerance to gluten; I'm just an equal opportunity tester and eater. However, my neighbor eats gluten-free, and she loved these cookies too. In fact, she smelled them from the hallway and thought to herself "Well, someone's baking something that smells good that I can't eat." Ha! Pleasantly fooled was she when she received a plate of them. And not only do they taste great, they also whip up super quick-like, so the flavor gratification is just that much faster.
 
If all the recipes are as good as this one, I'd run, not walk, to my local bookstore in the spring and snag a copy of this cookbook.

4 comments:

  1. Ohh a cookbook tester??! That sounds like my kind of thing. Your Blanket design is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you check out the website, they might somewhere have contact info where you can email them asking about becoming a tester. They sent me the invite, but I think (perhaps, who really knows!) it's because I've had a previous subscription to the magazine.

      Delete
  2. I have to try gluten free just to see what it tastes like.
    My Brady Bunch oven died finally after who knows how long so no cookie baking for me unless I intrude upon my grandmother again...? My Cupcake found a great choc chip cookie recipe from a library book. I finally realized dark isn't better so I stuck to the baking time and boy this last batch kicked butt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, those cookies do look good :)

    ReplyDelete