Monday, March 23, 2015

It's Monday ...

... time for melange! I haven't written one of these in a while, so I'm thrilled to be able to once again.

 **********************

Now that the lion's share of work is done for Leather, Lace, Grit & Grace (we're on to promotion and stuff), I've made a promise to myself that I will utilize my Pinterest food board more. I've been amassing quite a lot of food pins and have yet to really make a dent in trying them. 

What you see on the left is lunch leftovers from yesterday's dinner of Herb Roasted Chicken Thighs with Potatoes (pinned originally from Simply Recipes). I love chicken. Love.Chicken. Love.It. Especially the dark meat. And, since this is a quick, one pot dish, it's definitely right up my alley. The directions are clear, the ingredients list short and easily purchased (if you don't already have everything in the house), and the result was truly tasty. I omitted the garlic (sometimes it doesn't agree with me, but I like it), and used liberal amounts of fresh tarragon, as well as the two teaspoons of dijon mustard (mine was honey dijon). I cannot tell you how out of this world the potatoes turned out - the chicken provides the requisite amount of fat, and the vinaigrette enough acid to compliment the fat. The fresh tarragon made it taste like spring. I've got a little still left over, and I'm savoring the thought of it. Definitely two thumbs up for this recipe.

**********************

I have been on a southeast Asian-inspired film jag. I am also amazed that all three films I've recently watched starred Irrfan Khan, although I probably shouldn't be surprised. For an excellent double feature, I'd recommend Life of Pi and The Lunchbox. I read Life of Pi with a group of people in my Ravelry group and we all enjoyed it. I was a little hesitant to finally watch the film adaptation, but enough time had passed between the reading and the watching, so I thoroughly enjoyed the film. Ang Lee is truly brilliant and I cannot believe how life-like the CGI tiger turned out. Unlike Life of Pi, The Lunchbox is a small film, but was equally enjoyable. Both films made me hungry. 

**********************
Finally, I leave you with fiber from another recently completed project for publication later in the year. I cannot wait for everyone to see this design - I totally loved making the sample. Until next time ...


1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy. I like how it sounds you got a two-fer from one pan.

    ReplyDelete