Friday, March 20, 2015

On My Fiber Plate

Happy Fee-Fi(ber)-F.O. Friday, everyone! It's been a while since I've written a Friday blog post - it feels good to do so again. Of course (as most of you probably already know) I was absent from the blog in order to finish up Leather, Lace, Grit & Grace. I'll be hosting an a-long for the book in April and May (but more on that in a little bit). Now, I can get back to my normal, bloggy routine. 

The first thing: I have a new published design to show off! 

This is the Monochromatic Checkered Muffler from April's ILikeKnitting.com. I'm really pleased with the almost embossed quality of this super-simple pattern (but you'll be helped greatly with stitch markers cause there is some counting involved). There's ribbing on each long side and the fringe on each short side makes it just a little more elegant. I used one luscious skein of Lost City Knits Twin Canyon Merino Silk in the silver bells colorway. Love, love and love; this is a great one skein project which, btw, was inspired by the ladies of Leather, Lace, Grit & Grace, but I had so much material I made an editorial executive decision. It appears in ILikeKnitting.com's ode to spring and Mother's Day edition. Maybe you'll find a design in it to gift to a mother in your world.

Finally, I leave you with a photo of the fiber used in one of several projects I've been working on for future publication. The deadlines keep a-coming, but with gorgeous Noro color to work with, I almost don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment