Thursday, April 25, 2013

My Favorite - Color Review!

Here we are at the high water mark of this year's KniCroBlo week - the color day. There is nothing I adore more than talking about yarn color.

Color, color, color. The best place to start is with my stash. I decided to display my stash (well, most of it anyway) in blocks of color. Not only did that just make sense to me, but I was amazed at some of the things that became apparent once I had the five blocks all set up.

So, from front to back: the red block, the gray/cream block, the green block, the pinky/peachy/rust-ish block, and finally the blue block all the way at the far end. Additionally, I could have had a small purple block, as well as an equally small brown block, but there was no more room on the table.

It is clear to me that I actually enjoy stashing across a fairly wide color spectrum. There can also be little doubt that I love the red, green and pinky/peachy/rust blocks the best. The cream/gray block was sort of a surprise, in that I didn't realize I actually had that much neutral in the stash, although I do love that color combo. The other big suprise was the blue block: I thought I'd have far more than what's there.

Notably absent from the blocks are black and yellow. So much for being a bee. Can I please be a red and peach bee? Or perhaps a green and cream bee? Is there a snowball's chance in hell Mother Nature will help me out here?

It's somewhat difficult to get an accurate read on whether or not my projects reflect my stash since I design; in many instances, the project color is not something I can control. I also haven't included the small remains from previous design projects, because it would throw off my color preferences. 



Ok, isn't the block to the left just luscious? I do about 35% of my projects from this part of the color wheel (and stay tuned for a little later in the week - I've got a new project just completed from this block o' colors); I would do far more if I could - but of course I don't want to alienate the other colors I love. Colors have feelings too. Yes, yes they do.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the color out there in stashdom. C'mon people, show us some color!





12 comments:

  1. I like talking color too. GREAT pics! brilliant way to display stash. (pinning it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautimous! When I first started knitting, I chose yarn SOLELY on color; there was a lot of knitting worsted weight acrylic on size 11 needles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OooOOOoo... great pictures! It's so interesting to me to see what colors other people prefer... I have very pale skin with pink/red undertones, so I look terrible in peachy/pinky/red colors. I love them, but can't wear them. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so brave to pull out your stash ... I don't want to come face to face with how large mine really is ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stash is lovely! I want to reach into my monitor and touch it all:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say, my fave part of your stash is again the peachy-oranges :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the yarn look great nestled together. Makes me wanna sit down and touch every one and read their labels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stash is gorgeous. I like your blue-green section!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your comment on my blog about purple. I have to agree. I love your peachy yarns--your picture makes me want to pick up some of the skeins and handle them. Knitting is such a pleasing tactile experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had a duplicate comment (sometimes we hit the send button twice by accident), so I deleted.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to go stash diving in those colour blocks! LOL. What a lovely collection :)

    ReplyDelete